India is a fun place to travel but there are certain do’s and don’ts.
- Don’t drink tap water. Drink only bottled water. And most important, watch out for the ice in drinks.
- Don’t drink milk. Most of the time the milk is mixed with tap water and ice. Make sure you get your coffee black.
- Eat at good restaurants. A place with a good reputation and firm business usually knows the value of good hygiene. It’s not a good idea to eat street food as the locals, they can handle it.
- Avoid obstinate vendors and taxis at airport, stations, bus stand who offer to help you find your hotel.
- Travel light. Don’t bring excessive luggage. If you over pack, it will be a hassle and frustrating.
- Use licensed guides for sightseeing.
- Shorts are a big no-no for a tourists. It’s better to wear long pants.
- Wash/sanitize your hands regularly.
- Don’t act out a sexual fantasy in public.
- Don’t wear shoes inside religious places.